The use of geotechnologies is one of the main working tools of this program. At FVA’s headquarters in Manaus, the Geoprocessing Laboratory operates with the mission of providing technical support to the Foundation’s projects and public policies of interest, through the development of maps and geospatial analyzes.
FVA is also a pioneer in the development of participatory methods for mapping the use of natural resources, integrating traditional knowledge of riverside populations with modern techniques of geographic information systems.
- Monitoring of landscape dynamics;
- Monitoring of threats to biodiversity;
- Support for urban planning in Amazon cities;
- Monitoring and support for the management of social and environmental risks;
- Geographic Information Systems and management;
- Development of cartographic material;
- Training and technical guidance for other entities and institutions.